The Atmospheric Physics Laboratory of the Department of Physics of the University of Patras (EFAPP) was founded in 1968. Today it is active in research in the following areas:
- Collection, quality control and methods of processing meteorological and environmental time series.
- Isotopic composition of rain and water vapor.
- Solar and ultraviolet radiation.
- Improvement of parameterization in mathematical weather forecasting standards.
- Homogenization of meteorological parameters for climatic applications.
Today IAP has become a comprehensive atmospheric research-intensive institution comprising 11 research laboratories, which consists of 2 State Key Laboratories; 3 CAS Key Laboratories, 3 international joint research centers; 1 CAS Research Center: Climate Change Research Center (CCRC); 1 Sub-Center of CAS; and 1 IAP supported research laboratory. All these laboratories are characterized by the features of covering multi-subjects, equipped with advanced basic research facilities, and a gathering of talented individuals who have made great achievements.
DOTSOFT SA is a dynamic, Greek SME Information Technology and Communications services provider, offering IT services to the public and private sector, in Greece and Europe. Customers include government institutions, multinational corporations, public administrations and multinational companies, research and academic institutes.